LaGuardia Community College is hosting the 5th annual Black Lives Matter Summit.
On Thursday, April 18, from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., LaGuardia students, faculty and staff will discuss issues of inequity faced by people of color and the fight for social justice.
The keynote speakers at the conference will be Shaun King, a writer, activist and co-founder of the Real Justice PAC, and Talib Kweli, a hip hop artist and social activist.
Breakout session topics include:
- Black Girl Magic: Melanated Mental Health
- Janelle Monae’s Afro-Futurism Vision
- Literary Justice and Education
- Walking the Talk: Activism in Everyday Life
- Youth in Activism – A Roundtable
For a full rundown of events and speakers, visit the event page here.